1. Futuristic in Edit - has been printed for its final edit. I've just finished a RWA online learning course on scene, and am enrolled in one on character, so I'm looking at it with fresh eyes. Deadline to send is 30th June.
2. Year of the Novel - course work is up to date and I have about 6000 words written. Finally, this one is starting to come together.
3. Writing Day - The backlog of appointments that has been plaguing me all year has finally cleared, and my writing day is actually a writing day. Cue treating it like any other work day and working all day.
4. Running - I was reading one of Denise Austin's books - one with a 12 minute workout each day and the requirement to travel 12 miles/week in gym clothes (running, walking etc). That's 20km for us Aussies. Over the weekend I downloaded a map and jogged from home to my favourite beachside suburb. It's 10.26km according to Runmeter. I needed a pickup at the other end, but I'm going to work my way towards making this one a return journey.
5. Balance - A few weeks ago, I added in a regular early morning walk. It means getting up an hour earlier, coaxing the puppy into her harness (she doesn't love her harness) and taking her first, then the senior dog. Somedays its chaos taking one and not the other, but regardless, that morning walk seems to set my day up for success. To make it work, I have to be more organised - with lunches, with breakfast choices, with ironed work clothes. So by adding in an additional activity, I've actually helped create balance in my already chaotic world. Who knew?
Wish me luck with my futuristic. This time next month, I should be reporting it was submitted.