- Ham and Eggs for Christmas breakfast - one of my mum's traditions we try to do every year. Always better with my sister-in-crime, who this year is smack bang in the middle of a cross-state move over the festive season.
- Chocolate truffles - my husband's favourite homemade sweet. Perfect for late Christmas Eve coffee after his family's celebration.
- Listening to the traffic silence on Christmas morning while I run. Sometimes you can hear children in their yards discovering swing sets, bikes and trampolines left by Santa. Magic.
- Leaving the hustle and bustle behind for a few days at the farm.
- Boxing Day reading holiday. In our house the day after Christmas is officially a public holiday dedicated to leftovers and reading any books received from Santa. I can't wait to see what he's gifted me with this year.
As the festive season approaches, I thought I would share a few Christmas favourites from our family:
Need a break from the madness of Christmas preparations? Home for Christmas is a quick, cheerful Aussie Christmas read.
Fiona Greene Author
"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step."