I'm editing a futuristic at the moment, so I'm surrounding myself with space - watching documentaries, saturating my twitter feed and watching the night sky. Here's a few of my favourite Twitter "space" hangouts:
- Space.Com - I love this for the science - always easy to understand.
- Scott Kelly - Think Astronaut. Think International space station. Think twin. Start plotting...
- Mark Kelly - Think Astronaut. Think Shuttle. Think twin. Think two book series... (Interestingly, Mark is married to Gabrielle Giffords - US Congresswoman, who is fighting gun violence. Power couple.)
- Terry W Virts - Another fascinating character (another book...), and heaps of interesting and educational posts.
- NASA - another trove of information about all things space.
- International Space Station - want to know about life on the station - here's the site (and yes they do need to clean their gear after a spacewalk)
- Josh Richards - The Aussie in the running to be selected for the one way mission to Mars. Right now, he's simulating life in space in a sealed enclosure in Sydney.
Then there are the apps - satellite trackers, space station trackers, sky charts. Hubby has these on his phone. We have a no phone rule for walking/park visits, but if we think the International Space Station is coming past, the phone comes. More often than not we see satellites - we're yet to lay eyes on the ISS.
What do you love about Space?